Friday, February 15, 2008

Couture On A Budget-Review GG Couture






Back in Texas, I always loved seeing the t-shirt that read, “If I am what I eat, then I’m fast, cheap and easy”. Well, I’m none of the above, but if I can find a deal in clothing like that, and it’s good clothing, then I’m all for it.

Yesterday I was out sim hoping for just something fast, cheap and easy and came upon GG Couture. A tiny little shop located at Cherry Button MoonDoggies (177, 11, 28).

Not a lot of designs but what she does have out is cute, cute, and cute. I plucked up this darling pair of dark green Capri’s with a buttoned high waist on the jacket layer, fully photo realistic and great detail for wrinkles and texture. I paired it with my Last Call blouse from Kirsten with those great Seinfeld puffy sleeves, some red tights from Creamshop and of course my favorite boots from Maitreya, Bloom in black. Nothing about this combination says fast, cheap or easy but it was!

Before you could say, give me a double cheeseburger, and yes I want fries with that, I had a complete outfit suited for a night out on the town or a night in, curled up with a good book and a nice glass of wine.

There is one teeny weensy design flaw in the back seam that doesn’t match up (see picture) but it wasn’t enough to keep me from being happy with my purchase especially when these Capri’s cost only $75L! While I was there I picked up a couple of other outfits I couldn’t resist and hopefully can blog them later when I get the chance.

Whilst I was sneaking around, I ran into Giana Paine, owner and designer for GG Couture and discovered she’s opening a new store soon. We chatted briefly and she dropped the skin on me you see featured in the second picture which will be available when her new store opens. So go ahead and drool cuz yeah, I got a copy, she hooked me up and it’s very pretty skin. Thanks Giana!

Green High Waist Capri’s $75L
Cherry Button MoonDoggies (177, 11, 28)

No comments: